CALL FOR NATIONAL COORDINATOR
Updated: Jun 21, 2018
Are you passionate about Leadership, Peace building and Community Empowerment? Join us today as we groom a Network Of selfless actors to across the nation.
The National Coordinator leads National Operations & Organizational Development.
As a National Coordinator, you will provide the overall leadership and strategic direction for the operations of the organization. Your overall responsibility is for the achievement of the organization’s Mission and vision in consultation with the Executive Director.
This position is currently VOLUNTARY, contingent on availability of funding. The incumbent will have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow within a new vision; while building personal capacities and expanding his/her professional networks.
- Ensure research and development of the organization’s Interim Strategic Development and Implementation Plan.
- Identify and recruit new staff and volunteers, in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Provide leadership for the dissemination of the organization’s values, vision and mission.
- Be able to gather specific data on current socio-economic context of target communities and regions.
- Be able or willing to represent the organization at national, regional and International meetings, conferences, forums and other public events
- Contribute towards consolidating and raising the profile of the organization at public gatherings.
- Be able to network, develop relationships and build alliances with other civil society working in common cause with CFP’s objectives
- Provide continuous monitoring and support to field offices and existing projects and coordinate programme reviews, evaluations.
- Coordinate the production of timely quality programme reports in line with the organization’s mission and donor requirements
- Coordinate the production of good quality funding proposals and respond to call for proposals
- Undertake local and international fundraising initiatives
- Effectively maintain CPF’s national Headquarters and facilitate donor visits, meetings, round table discussions and evaluations as necessary.
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual budgets, manage accounts and carry out periodic checks on financial matters.
- Oversee annual and project-specific audit processes
- Ensure the preparation, accuracy and timely submission of narrative and financial reports and ensure compliance with all aspects of the organization’s policies and donor funding requirements.
- Check and verify all inventories and promote efficient management of organizational assets.
- Minimum High School Graduate. A Degree in social sciences, Management, development studies, strategic/programme management, or other related studies are encouraged.
- Experience in community service, volunteering and related non-profit or community organizing initiatives a plus.
- Some working experience in program development, implementation and evaluation is important (not mandatory).
- Familiarity with national Peace and Reconciliation Programs, Youth Development Initiatives are also a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal & negotiation skills, ability to lead and build a team.
- Ability to communicate a vision, make timely and transparent decisions, solve problems and manage conflict.
Other Relevant Skills
- Computer Literate or able to use computer with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
Before applying, please read about the organization's Vision and Mission:
Interested candidates should forward a Cover letter and Resume to: email@example.com , no later than 20th July 2018